Soul of a Hero - A My Hero Academia RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A non-canon role playing forum based on the universe of the manga and anime My Hero Academia (or Boku no Hero Academia) by Kohei Horikoshi.

Quirk and Skill Registration Rules

Winston Hovensmithe
    Winston Hovensmithe
    The Boss Man
    The Boss Man

Titanaurum : 3

Character Sheet
    Class: Trainee
    Quirk:
    Agency/Sub-League:

Quirk and Skill Registration Rules Empty Quirk and Skill Registration Rules

Post by Winston Hovensmithe Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:06 pm

QUIRK REGISTRATION RULES

WHAT IS A QUIRK?

A quirk is the name given to the natural phenomenon that swept the globe several decades ago giving people powers beyond normal human capabilities. Beginning with a baby born glowing like a beacon, quirks have since manifested in more and more humans and these days roughly 80% of the population is born with these mutations. Quirks range from fairly mundane abilities like slowly floating objects towards your person and elongating your fingers to fantastical super powers like manipulation of fire or ice, explosions from nowhere, super strength, and being a human/frog hybrid. The variety of these quirks is staggering these days and no one quirk is the same as another. Some may be similar, but there is always something that differs between them.

LIST OF BANNED QUIRKS

A banned quirk is not allowed to be used by anyone on the site. These are either quirks that are simply too powerful to be balanced in combat or quirks that can completely screw over another character just by using it (All for One, anyone?). Some are canon and others are concepts that will not be allowed. As the show continues, I may add to this list as other overpowered canon quirks are introduced. Also, I don't know the manga so if you do and know of a canon quirk that would fit for this list, feel free to PM me.

I may decide to include acquisition of a banned quirk through an event or just outright unban one of them. So be sure to check this every now and then.

• All for One and similar quirk-stealing powers
    • Shock Absorption or Nullification
    • Mind Control
    • Quirks with invisible projectiles
    • Premonition (seeing the future) Quirks

LIST OF RESTRICTED QUIRKS

A restricted quirk is similar to a banned quirk. These are also very powerful quirks and could give one an unfair advantage in combat. However, unlike a banned quirk where they can, under no circumstances, be approved -- a restricted quirk can be approved under strict critique and balancing with the help of staff members. We do try to be flexible and I believe these kinds of powers can be balanced with a little work. Also, a restricted quirk requires two moderators to approve it. Trial moderators cannot approve restricted quirks.

• Sound-Based Quirks
    • Illusion Quirks
    • Elemental Quirks exceeding two elements (Limit of four elements)

LIST OF LIMITED QUIRKS

A limited quirk is a quirk that has limited slots available. Once those slots are filled, no one else can apply for the quirk until a slot opens up. For details on who currently fills the slots, refer to the Limited Quirk List.

• One for All (1 Slot Per Faction)
    • Animal Hybrid Quirks (10 Slots Total)

HOW TO REGISTER A QUIRK

To register a quirk you must post a thread explaining your character's quirk in the Quirk Registration forum. Below is a template for quirk registration. Please follow the template and fill out every field.

Quirk Name: [What's the name of your character's quirk?]
    Quirk Type: [Modification (Non-Cosmetic), Modification (Cosmetic), Transformation, Physical, Mental, Elemental, Creation, or Animal Hybrid]
    Quirk Description: [Give me at least 200 words describing your character's quirk. What does it do? How does it work?]
    Strengths: [Give me at least two strengths of the quirk.]
    Weaknesses: [Give me at least three weaknesses for the quirk. You must have one more weakness than strengths. So if you gave three strengths, you must give four weaknesses.]

Quirk Template Code:

After you write up your quirk, you then add your starting skills and perks. Skills are how you use your quirk in battle and cost stamina while perks are passive effects that are always active or abilities you can use without the cost of stamina. You can find more extensive rules on perk and skill parameters based on rank in the Skills and Perks Rules.

The number of skills and perks you start with is based on your starting class As detailed in the Character Registration Rules, you can choose to start at a higher class up to D Class with higher minimum requirements for each class. The higher your starting class, the more skills and perks you can begin with. The number of starting perks and skills for each class are as follows.

• Trainee - 1 Passive Perk, 1 Active Perk, 3 Rank 1 Skills
    • Intern/Shadow - 2 Passive Perks, 1 Active Perk, 4 Rank 1 Skills, 2 Rank 2 Skills
    • D Class - 2 Passive Perks, 2 Active Perks, 5 Rank 1 Skills, 3 Rank 2 Skills, 2 Rank 3 Skills

The addition of 1 skill of the previous rank is to simulate the character training an extra skill as they became stronger. Since perks cannot be trained as they are inherent with your quirk, no extra perks are added and a character starting at D Class will have the same number as a character that ranked up to D Class.

For quick reference, below is a list of all the available slots for skills based on class. Additional slots can be purchased at the Black Market. The maximum amount of slots for each rank up to Rank 8 that can be owned is 8. The limit for Ranks 9 and 10 is 3.

• Trainee - 5 Rank 1, 2 Rank 2
    • Intern/Shadow - 6 R1, 4 R2, 2 R3
    • D Class - 6 R1, 6 R2, 4 R3, 2 R4
    • C Class - 6 R1, 6 R2, 6 R3, 4 R4, 2 R5
    • B Class - 6 R1, 6 R2, 6 R3, 6 R4, 4 R5, 2 R6
    • A Class - 6 R1, 6 R2, 6 R3, 6 R4, 6 R5, 4 R6, 2 R7
    • S Class - 6 R1, 6 R2, 6 R3, 6 R4, 6 R5, 6 R6, 4 R7, 2 R8
    • S+ Class - 6 R1, 6 R2, 6 R3, 6 R4, 6 R5, 6 R6, 6 R7, 4 R8, 1 R9, 1 R10

Each rank adds one Perk alternating between Active and Passive each rank up beginning with an extra Passive Perk at Intern/Shadow Class. The only time this differs is S+ class where you get a new perk of each type.

• Trainee - 1 Passive Perk and 1 Active Perk
    • Intern/Shadow - 2 Passive Perks and 1 Active Perk
    • D Class - 2 Passive Perks and 2 Active Perks
    • C Class - 3 Passive Perks and 2 Active Perks
    • B Class - 3 Passive Perks and 3 Active Perks
    • A Class - 4 Passive Perks and 3 Active Perks
    • S Class - 4 Passive Perks and 4 Active Perks
    • S+ Class - 5 Passive Perks and 5 Active Perks

Below are the templates for registering Perks and Skills. Please follow them and fill out all of the fields.

Passive Perks:

• [Your first Passive Perk]

Active Perks:

• [Your first Active Perk]

Perk Template Code:

Skill Name: [The name of your skill.]
    Skill Type: [Offensive, Defensive, Support, Transformation, Buff, Debuff, AoE, Elemental, any combination of those and so on.]
    Skill Rank: [1-10]
    Stamina Cost: [Based on the skill rank. If the skill is sustained, please list the upkeep as well.]
    Skill Description: [Give me at least 75 words describing what the skill does and how it does it.]
    Skill Duration: [How long does the skill last? It can be instant or it can stick around for a few posts.]
    Skill Cooldown: [How long until you can use the skill again? The cooldown MUST be at least one post longer than the duration. Instant skills require no cooldown unless stated by the mod grading your app.]

Skill Template Code:

After you've written out your quirk and all of your perks and skills, you can submit the thread and then link back to it using the template in the Quirk Registration Request thread so a moderator can give it a look!

Current date/time is Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:30 pm